Aric, Technician
Experience:  10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.

My 42 inch Olevia wont turn on.Had been taking several attempts

My 42 inch Olevia won't turn on.Had been taking several attempts to turn on for months before turning on before with or without remote.Now completely Kaput.Fuse problem ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be glad to assist you.

Can you please get me the model number off of the TV?

Are there currently any signs of life on the TV at all (power light lit or blinking, click sound when power is pressed, etc.)?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Olivia 242 FHD -t 11.
Nothing at all
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for the reply. The inital problem of the TV being harder and harder to power up indicates that the fuse is not your problem. When the fuse fails the set would not have come on after the first time the problem occured.

Can you tell me this, if you disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds, and plug it back in, do you get any kind of relay click from the power supply at all?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tried what you suggested...nothing...
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry for the delay, the site is acting up and I wasn't able to reply.

The problem you're currently having is that the Power Supply Board is faulty and should be replaced. While the fuse may indeed be faulty at this stage, it is not what caused the initial problem to begin with, so even replacing the fuse will not fix it. The most common cause of this failure are several failing capacitors on this board, a faulty regulator IC or cold solder joints. Either of these would give the symptoms you're having and eventually cause the fuse to blow, or the power supply transformer to simply short out due to the increased resistance it's seeing.

I would replace the power supply board altogether if this were in my shop. If you'd like, you can search www.shopjimmy.com www.tvpartsguy.com or even www.ebay.com to search for the power supply board for this set.

The board is a plug and play component, so aside from a screwdriver, no other tools are needed to replace it as the wire harnesses simply plug into the board.

If you need further assistance or a link to the board, let me know and I will continue to assist you.

Aric, Technician
Experience: 10+ yrs. experience installing and repairing TVs and A/V systems. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.