Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I purchased a Westinghouse 40" LED and now want to mount it

I purchased a Westinghouse 40" LED and now want to mount it on an articulating wall mount. The universal mount Costco sold me with the TV does not configure to this TV because the support arm that screws to the TV interferes with all of the plugs ins (power, HDMI, DVD, etc).
The model number is XXXXX Version TW-66411-U040B. Can you help me find the special mount that will fit this TV? Thanks.

Stan Kaufman, Bayfield, Wisconsin cell(NNN) NNN-NNNNor [email protected]
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Can you get me the Make and Model Number of the Mount that Costco sold you so?

Also, have you tried using the plastic spacer provided with the mount to stand off the screws and, mount enough for cables to clear?

Additionally, have you considered right angle cables in the case that you've used the spacers and still do not have enough clearance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Aric,,

You solved the dilemma! we had overlooked the "black plastic spacers" that were included with the Costco mount.. it's the typical "man thing" about not reading instructions!

By the way, the Costco mount is a Simplicity Full Motion Model # XXXXX 2-B1

Thanks for your help.

Hello Stan and thank you for the reply.

Yes, the plastic spacers are crucial when using these types of mounts, and I used to overlook them as well when I was first installing these mounts. All TV's AV jacks are arranged aomsewhat differently, so the wall mount can interfere depending on the set. I typically use the 1" spacers between the mount and the TV screw holes then use the longer screws included with the mount to gain the extra clearance needed for the AV connections. In some cases, if the AV connectors are extra bulky (as with some Monster cable products), you would want to swap out the cables for shallow fit , right angle cables to gain you an extra 3/4" of an inch or so to facilitate connections.

If you neded further assistance let me know.

If you're satisfied with my service, please do not forget to rate the answer accordingly.