Daniel, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  BSEE (Electrical Engineer), 10+ years electronic design experience ,chip, board, component expert
47322625

TV is turing itself after varying periods of use. What can

TV is turing itself after varying periods of use. What can I do?
Hi there happy to help.

What is the exact model number? How old is the TV?

Please unplug the TV for 10 minutes and try again.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is 5 years old Model 237-T12. I have unplugged and replugged the set for 10 minute, 1 hour and over-

night. Same problem persists. Thanx, Fr. Rock

OK, can you tell me......

Is the TV completely un-responsive? Any light at all coming from the screen? Any audio? Is it able to be turned on right away after it shuts off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, sometimes-not always, it can be re-started. When it turns itself off, the audio is always gone..sometimes the screen is dark (as in off mode) At other times it is a blue screen with the message "signal lost." Thanx, Fr. Rock

OK, does this happen on all inputs? DVD, cable satellite, etc....?

Also I have to apologize for the delays here, we are having site issues this morning.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, all inputs are affected in the same way.

Fr. Rock

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, all inputs are affected in the same way. Fr. Rock
OK, I believe you have a problem with your main signal board on the TV. IF this is the only issue you are looking at 3-400 dollars to fix it.

As far as whether or not to make this repair, it is really on the bubble. The design life of the TV is 7-10 years. So you are past middle age. A "like" replacement (even a better brand)will cost around this same amount. See below.....

CLICK HERE

So I would really not recommend repair here. the board replacement is a best case scenario keep in mind, as they may be multiple failures. You simply won't know until a tech comes out and tests things.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Please don't forget to rate me and have a great day.