Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

sanyo DP50719 TV. Press the power button, power light comes

sanyo DP50719 TV. Press the power button, power light comes on for about 10 seconds, tv clicks and powers itself off. No sound, No picture. Trying to decide if it's worth the repair or just better to buy a new tv.

Hi! Thank you for using Just Answer today! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-If you look close at the screen in a dark room, do you see a slight glow to the screen before it clicks off?
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not at the tv at the moment, but i don't think it has the glow. I will double check tonite. I purchased the TV in 2009.

OK if you can double check that and let me know, I can give you a much better idea of what you are looking at as far as replacing vs repairing.

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no problem...I will check it out ASAP and get back to you. Thanks, Tim.

OK thanks! Talk to you later.

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay....just tried the tv. At first it would not power up. I unplugged it, plugged to back in, same thing, but to answer your question ....no glow.

Stil tries to come up and shuts right back down?

Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes.

OK so this is pretty common. There are a few different boards inside that can cause this problem...some troubleshooting would be needed to know for sure. (I can help you with this if you have/know how to use a meter)

However, you are normally looking at around $200-300 to fix this tv with this symptom if you use a tech.

So that being said...the price of new tvs have come down so far..its a hard call. I might learn more towards replacing it rather than repairing it.

Tim