Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.

I want to use my video cassette player and watch some of collections

I want to use my video cassette player and watch some of collections would I go about this using my directtv remote?....thank you

Does the video recorder work okay with the buttons on the recorder (Play/stop/rewind)?

What is the complete model number of the video cassette player and the DirecTV remote?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

direct tv remote is...AV1 AV2 Tv I have to stupide...I have given you my dvd recorder info... iwillhave to get back to you later

Hi Frank,

No problem - the DirecTV remote should have a model like RC64, RC64R, RC65.

The model and make of the VCR player is important - the first thing to check though is to see if the player is working with the buttons on the player.

The AV1, AV2, is the input of your TV - you need to ensure your TV is set to the correct input - the DirecTV remote may not do this, you will need to use the input/source button on the TV or the TV's remote.

If the problem you are having is viewing on the TV - what is the model number of the TV?