Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

I keep getting a no signal message from the cable box. The

I keep getting a no signal message from the cable box. The tv works with a dvd, but is not recognizing the cable
Hi and welcome to justanswer.
I`m going to help you with your tv but first i will have a few questions;

Can you tell me what kind of cables/connection you have between the tv and cable box ?
Is it HDMI or color coded audio/video cables ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

o.k and about the dvd that work on the tv , did you also connect it with a hdmi cable ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

o.k and if you use the same hdmi cable that is on the cable box now ,does it work ?
I mean if you just pull out the hdmi cable from the cable box and connect it in the dvd so that you will be using the same input on the tv and cable.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, I still get a no signal

O.k then if you connect the cable box in the same input where the dvd was working, do you get something there ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no. The hdm2 line does not work anywhere else. the dvd is connected by three wires, white, yellow, and red. That is all the wires that are connected to the tv.

O.k , I thought that you said earlier that the dvd was connected with a HDMI cable as well.
Have you tried a different HDMI cable and/or tried a different hdmi input on the tv beside hdmi 2 ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. we took the hdm1 cable from another tv and it didn't work. I have little kids in the house. Is it possible they touched a button somewhere on the tv that would cause this?

If the tv is on the correct input and the cable is in securely then that is all it would need to work.
Before going further though, not sure what the cable company had you try but you could try to pull out the cables box`s power cord for a couple of minutes, in the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord