Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.

Hi. I bought a TX-R3079WH back in May of 2006 and we havent

Hi. I bought a TX-R3079WH back in May of 2006 and we haven't had any problems until just recently. Whenever the TV is on for about 15 minutes or so it turns off for a split second and then turns right back on. It started out doing this like once every few hours, but now it does it every few minutes...and it's really annoying. I placed a Fan close to the vent openings in the back of the case and for a while the fan kept the box cool enough that the thermal cut off sensor did not turn the TV off as frequently. Lately the TV requires that I have the fan on the highest setting to keep the TV from turning off and on. I've also tried unplugging it for short/long periods of time and that doesn't seem to have any effect.

Is there anything I can do to remedy this, or am I going to have to call Samsung?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 1 year ago.

Anthony's TV :

Hello Please BE aware This is tech information service. you are paying for the benefit of my real world experience and can save you time and money

Anthony's TV :

Does this picture apear to be right size?

Anthony's TV :

or is it just a little too big for the screen

Anthony's TV :

this tv had a bulletin on resistors in the power supply that had to be changed that control power supply regulation

Anthony's TV :

its not a DIY repair

Anthony's TV :

but it is very easy for a skilled expereinced tech and repair should be 100 dollars or less

Customer:

What is the Bulletin # ?. I am experienced enough to change the resistors myself.

Customer:

Give me a phone number to call for the Bulletin # XXXXX replace Resistors in the Power Supply please.

Anthony's TV :

If the picture is too wide and/or the unit will shut down check the B+ voltage. If it is much >144V replace the 3 resistors on the power supply pcb as per service bulletin #ASC20060801001.

Parts Required

Part Number Part Location Part Description

2004-002015 R818 140KΩ, 1/2W

2004-002018 RS807 220KΩ, 1/2W

2004-001894 RS802 237KΩ, 1/2W

Anthony's TV :

usually R818 will go way off value

Anthony's TV :

these are in the SMPS

Anthony's TV :

on the left side of the board

Anthony's TV :

Thanks for using JA IF you have any other questions please ask

Customer:
Update,

I Have found the location of the Resistors to be replaced. However, R802 is missing, was never on the board from factory. R807 is underneath the Heat Sink for the Regulator Chip, R818 is in the clear on the left side of the PCB. I plan to replace all Resistors with the suggested Values. I may drop by your shop on Monday to compare notes.

Best Regards,

Ken

Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2013 10:47 AM

Subject: Need to copy Schematic for Samsung TXR3079 or Assembly Drawing

Kelly’s TV Repair,

My Samsung TXR3079 SlimFit HDTV has a Power Supply Regulation Problem, and I need a copy of the Service Bulletin #ASC20060801001 to replace three Resistors. This TV weighs 120 Pounds and I want to do the repair myself at home but need a copy of the Service Bulletin or a Schematic and assembly Diagram of the Power Supply to do the Resistor Replacements for R818 140K 1/2W, RS807 220K 1/2W, and RS802 237K 1/2W. Is there a chance you could email the info I need to do this fix or could I drop in today before 1 PM and see a copy of the schematic and layout of the Power Supply Board?

Please help if you can,

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer:

Made the Modifications and changed the three resistors per service bulletin and the unit does not turn on at all now.

Customer:

Will undo these changes and replace the two resistors taken out R818 and R807, which were 140 ohms, and 330 ohms respectivly.

Customer:

I doubt the Service Bulletin ASC20060801001 is for this model TV.

Customer:

Regards, Ken

Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience: 20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.