Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Im having problems with my tv. It turns on but cant get channels.

Im having problem's with my tv. It turns on but can't get channels. I called Dish Network we checked tv they told me to call ya'll and to tell you I need to run channels. How do I do that? Can you please help me?
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. I can assist you. This will take some interactive work on your end. Your participation is needed and clear communication is crucial to solving your problem. To start we need to know:
1. What is the model number of your Tv?
2. Do you have the original Tv remote?
3. Do you have HD channels/service from Dish Network?
4. Do you see signs of power from the Dish Network box like power lights or display on the front panel of the box?
5. Exactly what do you see on the Tv right now?

Please reply with all the information to get started. Additional details may be required. My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

ps. I am here to help you. Use the REPLY button when you don't understand what to do.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My tv model is 32V34t. I have power. I talked to dish they said to call ya'll i need to run channels and ya'll would know what to tell me. i have not been having any problems with my tv before this

I will try my best to help you but need more information-
Do you have the original Tv remote?
If you press MENU on the original Tv remote, does the Tv respond (can you see the menu on the screen)?
Do you have more than one Tv in the house?
Do you have more than one Dish Network box in the house?
Is this Tv in a different room than the Dish box (as a secondary Tv)? Or is this Tv the primary Tv?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not have the original remote I use the remote from dish. When I press menu the number 1 appears. I have three tv's one in my living room with the dish box, one in my kitchen with dish box that I never turn on and one in my bedroom that does not have a box that is the one Im hAVING problems with. this is not my primary tv

Without the RCA Tv remote you are going to have a very very difficult time getting this resolved. Basically this Tv needs to be put onto a certain channel. You can try using the Tv side panel buttons to hunt around for the correct channel. Locate the button panel on the Tv. Press CH up and/or CH down repeatedly until the Dish Network picture and sound appears. If the Tv has lost it's memory then a channel scan would be needed. You cannot do a channel scan using the Dish remote. You will need the RCA Tv remote (or generic universal remote) for that.

If you need more assistance then REPLY here, I am here to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to leave a positive rating. Again, if you want more information then use the REPLY button (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can i use the buttons on my tv to do this?

yes- You can try using the Tv side panel buttons to hunt around for the correct channel. Locate the button panel on the Tv. Press CH up and/or CH down repeatedly until the Dish Network picture and sound appears. If the Tv has lost it's memory then a channel scan would be needed.