Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech.
33243543

I have a mitsubishi WD-60C9 No picture, no sound however when

Customer Question

I have a mitsubishi WD-60C9
No picture, no sound however when the picture first went out the sound did come on and now doesn't. After about a minute the TV powers down. Changed HDMI cords, Pulled out light assemby and pushed it back in, unplugged, and uploaded the software update. No changes. Is this a bulb problem or something more severe?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name isXXXXX'll be happy to assist you, Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your Mitsubishi TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the TV?
- Any repair/ part replacement done to TV in past?
- When TV powers down, do you get any blinking light on TV front?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2009

blinks green when you turn it on, foes to solid green and then powers off and stays a solid red

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nicole for the reply.

- Is that red light same that was blinking green before OR is there any other light turns On red?
- How old is the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a 2009

It only has one light that when you turn on the tv blinks green, goes to a solid green (no picture or sound) and then TV powers down, shuts off and light goes to a solid red

I have not replaced any parts

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, please give me few minutes to read out related service manual and get back to you shortly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for waiting, solid red status light indicates lamp failure in TV.

Please replace lamp in TV to resolve the issue, lamp in this TV has limited life span and goes out after 3-4 years service and replacement will resolve the problem.
lamp replacement procedure is easy and written in TV user manual, please click this link to download user manual copy and check page 25 for detailed instructions with exploded views.

Required Mitsubishi original replacement lamp is available in Mitsubishi Parts for $99, it has part number 915B403001 please click above link, put TV model number (
WD-60C9) in search box and hit enter to get lamp price info.
Please buy original replacement lamp that lasts longer and avoid low price lamp available all over internet that wont give longer service.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you I will order the part. Just wamted to make sure it wasn't anything more serious

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Nicole, rest of Tv seems fine and it is lamp that is dead in TV.
Hope this info will help, please replace lamp in TV to get it back in business.
Thank you.