Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Im not getting sound or picture--just a screen that says "Component/AV

I'm not getting sound or picture--just a screen that says "Component/AV (energy savings mode)" and then "no signal" across the front. What should I do?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Troubleshooting what is wrong will require that I ask you for some more information. Also, please keep in kind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?
Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bought the TV new last June (2012). Problem occured last night when I was turning the sound down and it seemed to slip buttons or something (I wasn't watching my hands) and suddenly this "Component/AV (energy savings mode)" message comes on. I tried shutting it off with the remote the usual way and restarting, and that didn't work and I sent to bed. Tonite was the first time I tried since then and I spent half an hour turning it on and off and unplugging it, etc. When I turn it on it seems like the cable box is clicking on as usual and the red light is flashing as usual. Then I hear another click and it's like the cable box turned off. Light is off too.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have the original TV remote, and can you find the Input button?

Do you know how the Cable Box is connected to the TV (HDMI Cable, Component Video Cables, etc.)? The answer to the last question will tell us which Input the TV needs to be set to.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I have the original TV remote, but I use the Xfinity remote. We have the Xfinity cable box/DVR plugged in and a transformer, but no DVD, radio or other hook-ups. It is connected by an HDMI cable.

Thank you for the reply. The issue is that you have the TV set to the wrong Input accidentally. Use the TV remote, and select the HDMI Input using the "Input" button on the remote in order to get the signal from your Xfinity Box back on the screen.

If this does not work, simply reply back and do NOT ratethe answer.

If this answers your question, please rate the answer with a "GOOD" or better, as it is the only way we Experts get paid for our work, and knowledge on the site. Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think it worked! Thanks.

Excellent! You had accidentally just changed the INPUT of your TV to Component instead of HDMI. If this ever happens again- you will now know how to fix it.