Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

I have shadows in my flat screen tv how do I get rid of th

I have shadows in my flat screen tv how do I get rid of this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for asking your question today. It would help us to know:
You have listed the model as Yoshida, The model number indicates a Sony?
Do the shadows appear with all inputs selected, if you watch a DVD or use a game console?

We're looking forward to hearing back from you soon!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Model is a Sony KDL-52WL135, and the shadows appear on the bottom have of the screen with all inputs.

Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.
If you bring up the menu using the Sony TV remote do they effect the menu icons and text?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the sony remote does not have a menu on it? do you mean the input ?

Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

The Home screen or button that brings all of the user controls etc. I want to see if the menu items and text are also effected by the video issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the input button which brings up all the user controls and the menu button on my cox remote are all affected by this video issue.

Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.
I understand, we need to see the icons and text graphics of the TV menu not the cable box menu, this menu would have to brought up via the Sony TV remote and selecting the Blue Home Button this will bring text and graphics for the user menu and we want to see if the problem effects those items too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, the home button brought up the user menu and these items are affected too.

Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX all the question but we want to have a good idea of what is going on with the TV.
So we know that the issue is effecting the internal graphics.
What do the shadows look like?
Are they just dark areas accross the screen?
lines?
Can you try and explain in a little more detail how they effect the picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have horizontal lines which separates my picture into four sections from top to bottom, and written words are scalloped.

Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.
Ok, this does not sound like anything you are going to be able to correct with remote settings or anything that simple. It is starting to sound like a LCD screen issue and that would be a terminal failure as the screen replacement cost would exceed the value of the TV. Is it possible for you to take a picture of the issue and upload it here using the paper clip or tree icon? If I could see this issue I think I can tell if it is a LCD screen issue or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay. I thought it was a LCD screen issue, and we're disappointed because the TV lasted only for 4 years. Thanks for analyzing the problem.tv

Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

I do think that you have a LCD screen issue but I can't really confirm it with out seeing it, It seems the picture you tried to upload didn't make it for some reason, it's just a small box with no image.

Steven, Technician
Experience: Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for the rating, you can always post back to this question with follow up questions at no extra charge. If you can please try and upload that picture so I can take a look at it to verify the panel problem. Thank you again.