Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS

Loud hum immediately on start up, color resolution is low,

Loud hum immediately on start up, color resolution is low, after 20 to 30 min picture goes hi res, hum continues after turning off.
Thanks for the Question

This is a bad color wheel, the color will be affected if the wheel is going bad

You can get a new color wheel for this set from or

Here is a video to help you with replacement of the color wheel

A tech would charge about $350 for this work
You can locate a tech in your area by using this link

Sorry this isnt an easier fix however many people have carried out this work themselves

Let me know if you need more info

You should see a rating bar with this post

Please remember if you select "bad serviceFrown smiley" or "poor serviceUndecided smiley"this will be a negative against my ratings and I wont receive a credit for helping you today instead of doing that please press the "continue conversation" or "reply to expert" and I will endeavour to help more

The thread will still be open even if you do rate the answer now

Many Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Video takes you only to removal of optical showing of replacement of the actual color wheel

Their are about 5 or 6 videos in that, thats just the first one you should see number 2 video in the list

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a computer tech but have never done a television. Looks pretty straight forward, but there is always a connector and hidden screw/make sure you don't do this or that issue.

Have a good evening...session finished
No need to reply

No you will find this straight forward its only difficult to people who dont use small tools

Let me know if I can do anything else

Please dont forget to rate the answer

In order for me to receive credit from the site it does mean that you need to rate the answer the dialogue will still continue if you require further assistance even after rating