Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

JUST BROUGHT PROSCAN MODEL PLCDV3213A AND TRYING TO SET UP ON CABLE BUT IT IS ON AIR . HOW

JUST BROUGHT PROSCAN MODEL PLCDV3213A AND TRYING TO SET UP ON CABLE BUT IT IS ON AIR . HOW DO I CHANGE IT TO CABLE .THANK YOU
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Jack :

Hi and welcome to justanswer.
I`m going to help you with your tv but first i will have a few questions;

Are you connected with a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to cable (from the cable company)

Jack :

As you are offline, I will be in standby, just send me a reply ,and i will be notified and be with you ASAP.

Customer:

Cable box (direct Tv)

Jack :

hello

Jack :

O.k and what kind of cable/connection do you have between the tv and cable box

Jack :

?

Jack :

Is it HDMI , coaxial connected in the TV's cable/antenna terminal or color coded rca type of cable s?

Customer:

think color coded rca type of cable

Jack :

O.k and there is only this tv connected to the direct tv box ?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

it is the cable they set up when they installed my direct tv.

Jack :

O.k then if you are using color coded cables, you don`t need to mind the cable/air options, your tv will be on one of the exteral inputs

Jack :

external inputs

Jack :

Can you give me a sec?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

The problem is when I try to set it up it will not let me change from air to cable

Jack :

On your TV's remote there is the button called SOURCE , try to press it repeatedly ?

Jack :

While the cable box is turned on

Customer:

ok tryed that but will try again

Customer:

no good

Jack :

When you press that button , does it go through the different inputs/sources or just open a list of inputs ?

Customer:

just open a list of inputs

Jack :

O.k and have you tried to use the arrows to try different sources ?

Customer:

yes

Jack :

O.k then it would be time to check your connections, do you have easy accesss to the back of the tv ?
If so , can you tell me what it says where those cables are connected ?

Customer:

just a minute and yes

Jack :

no problem, take your time

Customer:

There is a red input and then the cable input

Jack :

You have a cable connected in the CABLE terminal ?

Customer:

yes

Jack :

O.k then try to enter the digits 03 or 04 on the TV's remote

Customer:

ok be back

Jack :

o.k

Customer:

03 and04 do not take because it has no singial because it is on air

Jack :

Actually for those lower channels it is the same thing, try the channels 03 or 04 again but this time first open the SOURCE and select TV

Customer:

This is not working I guess I will return the tv

Jack :

Is the tv in TV mode/source right now ?

Customer:

yes

Jack :

O.k then if you open the menu , now you should be able to go to the CHANNEL icon and open it to change the air/cable option to cable , then run the AUTOSCAN just below

Customer:

be right back

Jack :

Right now I`m thinking that there might be a problem with your hookup /connection .
Does your direct tv box have a HDMI jack at the back ?

Jack :

Try the autoscan and if that is still no go then take a look for a HDMI jack at the back of the direct tv box

Customer:

will check that out

Jack :

o.k

Customer:

it does not have a hdmi jack on the back just the standard direct cable box

Jack :

O.k and the cable that goes to the tv is connected to RF out or tv out at the back of the cable box ?

Customer:

yes

Jack :

O.k then make sure that cable is connected securely at both ends and try to change the tv to cable and run the autoscan

Jack :

In tv mode you will have access to the channel menu/icon

Customer:

I have Tryed all of that and i thank you very much. But will just return

Jack :

Well then there might be something wrong with this tv ,
And yes take it back or have them test it in the store

Customer:

Thank you for your time

Jack, Technician
Experience: 35 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Thank you