Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

My insignia 46in LCD TV will not turn on. The red light is

Customer Question

My insignia 46in LCD TV will not turn on. The red light is glowing but it I hit the power button nothing happens. I tried unplugging it and waiting 5 minutes and plugged it in and nothing happens. I have tried using a remote to turn it on but again nothing happens. We are non smokers and have had this TV for 3 year.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, sorry to hear you are having this problem. Since the power reset didn't solve your problem, unfortunately your Tv has a failure and needs parts inside replaced. There is absolutely no way to guess what is wrong, it must be opened up and diagnosed using skill and tools.

I am a technician and can help you save money if you want to try and open the Tv, diagnose, find/order/install parts yourself. Even though I am here to help you, diagnosing your Tv failure is tricky. Working on the Tv all depends on your ability to follow instructions carefully, provide detailed replies/information, use tools to take apart the Tv and replace parts, test live circuits with a meter and use a soldering tool. This takes time and patience and because of the circumstances there is no guarantee of the outcome. If you do want to pursue a DIY repair then you need to have the back off the Tv and then reply here.

If you cannot perform these kind of tests/repairs then you can expect to pay a repair shop anywhere from $250-$350 to fix your Tv. To find a trusted local repair shop just enter your information here:
Find local repair shops

Sorry for the bad news. If you want more details then REPLY here (you can reply without rating) otherwise please take a moment to leave a 3-5 rating. You should NOT base your rating on the functionality/failure of your Tv or how this website works. Giving a 3-5 rating now does NOT close the question or prevent you from replying to me and you can come back for a refund anytime (1-2 rating does NOT trigger a refund request).

I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. All you have to do is reply.

Thank you,