Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

I have an Emerson 22 inch LCD flat screen TV model number LE220EM3.

I have an Emerson 22 inch LCD flat screen TV model number LE220EM3. It is stuck flashing a red, green, gray, white screen. I have called Emerson twice. They said to hit the up arrow and then down arrow key and then ok. They said try the up, down, left, right arrow key and power. I have tried a combination of all of them. Help. It is stuck in a service menu they said.
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

I see this question has been sitting for a while. Do you still need help with your problem? Often, customers solve their problem while waiting so I have to ask.

If so, let me know by replying, and we can start. If you no longer need help, just type in 'Cancel'.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I still need help. Been waiting for an answer all night. Please help!:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I still need help

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, can you tell me what is plugged into the TV?

For example, do you have a DVD player, or a Wii, Playstation etc.plugged in? How is the TV on those inputs?

If you press the MENU button on the TV remote, do you get a menu? Is it affected by the colors?

Let me know.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have nothing plugged into the TV....just the cable. When the colors are flashing I can't get the menu. Nothing works but channels and sound.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

And scrolling through the channels changes nothing?

It sounds to me like an issue with one of two boards: the 'Main' or the 'Tcon'.

To figure out which is bad will require us to remove the back off the set and do some basic tests.

Is this something you can do? Unfortunately, paying a pro to do this is simply not feasible on a set of this size. A new 22" TV is $100. An hour of tech time is $75-$100.

Once we narrow it down, we may be able to find the board for $50 used but I can't promise you that we will.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing seems to work except unplugging it. Sometimes it lasts and sometimes it doesn't. Frustrated! You sure there isn't something I can try?

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, I think there is a problem in the set. I'm sorry. These small sets are manufactured so cheaply that I'm amazed how they last more than a year - the warranty period.

I'll be here if you need further help. Please do not hesitate to ask. I'll respond as quick as I can. I want you to be completely satisfied with my service today.

Regards

Steve

Steve G., Technician
Experience: VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.