euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician
Experience:  20 years in TV repair,certified by all major brands- Sony,Samsung, LG,Toshiba, Panasonic, RCA,

rca 32la30rq reset unlock code

rca 32la30rq reset unlock code
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Jack :

Hi and welcome to justanswer.
To answer your question;
If the tv is asking for a password/code then the default 4 digits password XXXXX XXXXX

Jack :

Which will give you access to the parental lock and front panel lock options.

Jack :

I will be in standby if you have any questions, just send me a reply ,and i will be notified and be with you ASAP.
Otherwise , please take the time to rate my answer positively as it is the only way i get credited for my time helping you.

Customer:

I have spoken with a representative from the manufacturer of the tv and they said the same thing. The default password XXXXX not work. I have also tried to reset the entire tv set to original settings, which didn't unlock the settings either. From what I have heard about the tv there is no way to reset the unlock code. Yes, I am using the original remote control for the tv.

Jack :

Hello again.

Jack :

You mean that even RCA could not help you on this one ?

Jack :

I will have to do some research to see if this can be unlocked while the tv is in service mode.

Customer:

Exactly.I thought the reset would reset; but, it didn't. They were just representatives from On Corp, the distributor of the tv.

Jack :

Yes thats correct about the ON corp.
Can i get back to you a bit later in this ?
I just cannot believe that there is no way to bypass the password

Customer:

HAHA..that's exactly what the service rep said.

Customer:

the tv was a gift, i received about a year ago. I dont have the original manual but found it online.

Jack :

He probably was just looking at the owner`s manual but techs do get a bit further than the manual, let me check on this ?

Customer:

Absolutely. I even found the following information http://www.fixya.com/support/r186067-removing_parental_lock_rca_ge_tv_sets. Even then, I wasn't able to use the default password XXXXX 0000 to unlock the tv and then reset the password.

Jack :

Looks like someone did put a password XXXXX there after all.

Customer:

Yesterday I registered the tv in my name; so, I will contact them on Monday and see if they can help me further. Do you need anymore information on the tv itself.

Yes, it does appear the original user did submit a password.

Jack :

No more info than what i already have, should be back with you sometime today or early tomorrow

Jack :

I will look for the service manual which is much more complete than the owner`s manual

Customer:

ok. thanks again. I thought this site was a hoax.

Jack :

Not at all , very serious tech. here unless i tell a joke :)

Jack :

We`ll talk to you later and i should have something on this

Customer:

ok

Jack :

O.k then later

Jack :

Here are a few procedures that you may want to try , although your tv is not really a RCA anymore, they might have kept some of the same features ,
I have here 3 different procedures that worked on various rca tv`s;

Press and hold both(simultaneously) the volume down on the remote and and menu on the tv for 5 secs .
Second procedure;
Volume up on the remote and channel up on the tv and hold may reveal the password.
Third procedure;
Channel up and volume down 5 secs directly on the tv .

Jack :

These may be long shot but worth a try , let me know how it goes

Customer:

Why do you say the tv is no longer an rca? Both the tv and remote control state RCA. I submitted my question to On Corp since they distributed the tv and were available during the weekend.

Solution One: Unable to try; the tv does not have a menu button, the only buttons available on the tv are volume, input, and power.

Solution Two: I entered the parental control menu where the password XXXXX XXXXX and tried this option hoping the password XXXXX "appear." Unfortunately, it did not. Is there where I should be when I try this option?

Solution Three: I entered the parental control menu where the password XXXXX XXXXX and then tried this option, hoping the password XXXXX "appear." Unfortunately, it did not. Same question, is this where I should be in trying this option?

Now, what did happen is that the buttons on the tv (channel, volume) are now unlocked!!!

Great, we are making progress; but, the error message remains on the following inputs, Component 1 and 2, HDMI1 - 3 options...The message reads, Program Blocked by Input Block, Press Enter/Select key to unlock, 0000 still does not work.

Under the Parental Control option, while the Lock Parental Control still awaits the correct password XXXXX make the desired changes, all options V-Chip, Change Password, Front Panel Lock, Source Lock, and Clear Channel List all remain grayed out.

Thanks Jack!

Customer:

These are the only options which are locked, TV, AV, and PC have always functioned without a problem.

I realized the extent of this problem with I purchased a Blu-Ray player and after connecting the HDMI cable, I was still unable to access the menu, and thus, this is where my journey began.

The serial number for the tv is 1001-321LA30R-B103838.

Jack :

O.k , let me see what else i can find, but it will have to go to tomorrow morning .

Customer:

Not a problem. I talked the kids out of the blue ray dvd. Goodnight.

Jack :

Same to you

Jack :

Hello again
Not sure how you tried the procedures i gave you but make sure to try them only when asked for the password.

Customer:

ok, so when I access the parental control section of the menu, then try to tips?

Jack :

Yes , try those procedures when it asks for a passord

Customer:

Solution 1: still unable to try, my model tv does not have a menu button on the tv; but the remote control

Solution 2: after completing the steps, I entered the default password XXXXX 0000, the password XXXXX XXXXX invalid

Solution 3: after completing the steps, I entered the default password XXXXX 0000, the password XXXXX XXXXX invalid

Jack :

O.k then other than replacing the main board, i`m afraid that my bag of tricks is empty , could not find a service manual or firmware upgrade on this model.

I`m sorry but i will have to opt out and perhaps another tech. in here will have a solution for you.
Your question will be automatically reposted.
Good luck
By the way, the MENU button should be just below the INPUT on the right side of the tv.

Expert:  euro-pro llc replied 1 year ago.

I will try to help you with this question.
Most of the OnCorp products( including thus RCA model) have a different way to reset the V chip.
In order to reset this password( it will reset it back to the 0000, as a default), you will have to press the following keys:
"menu,1,4,7,0", in a fast pace( not longer than about 3 seconds).
Please let me know if this works for you!
Thank you
euro-pro llc, Technician
Experience: 20 years in TV repair,certified by all major brands- Sony,Samsung, LG,Toshiba, Panasonic, RCA,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THIS FIXED THE ISSUE!!!! OMG, I was working with another expert for 4 DAYS!!!

I am glad I could help!

Your satisfaction means a lot to me!

Thank you for the great feedback!

Please feel free to contact me with any general electronic or tv repair questions.

Thank you, and have a great evening!