Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

what are the recommeded color settings for a Samsung LED 50"

what are the recommeded color settings for a Samsung LED 50" smart TV, model UN50ES6900. Backlight, sharpness,etc. Calibration?

Hi. I'm Steve. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

There are no 'best' settings. Every TV , even of the same model is different, every user's viewing room is different so grabbing someone else's settings and using them is just going to get you in the ballpark.

So, with that in mind, here are settings by a UK magazine that will get you started:

Part 1

Part 2

Give those a try.

Now, something you can do is get hold of a calibration DVD and do it yourself. This will give you much better results. This one is the benchmark and what most videophiles use:

It's $20. Not bad at all considering a full scale ISF calibration will cost $300-$400.

I'll be here if you need further help. Please do not hesitate to ask. I'll respond as quick as I can.