Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

My Samsung HL-T6189S DLP TV has developed an intermittent picture.

Customer Question

My Samsung HL-T6189S DLP TV has developed an intermittent picture. For the most part the screen remains black. Occasionally the image will appear at full brightness for a minute or two, only to drop to a black screen again.

Is this a know issue with a known fix?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 years ago.

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

Are you able to pull up any kind of menu on the TV? Grab the Samsung remote and press MENU.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There's no picture at all during the "dark" periods, including menu or input select.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 years ago.

This set has an LED light engine so you do not have a lamp.I would probably suspect the LED drivers.

Is this something you want to repair yourself? Can you troubleshoot electronics?

Or are you just looking for a repair cost and a recommendation of a good shop in your area?

Let me know how you want to proceed.