Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a new VIZIO TV model M420SL and want to connect the

Customer Question

I have a new VIZIO TV model M420SL and want to connect the sound to my KENWOOD
Audio/Video receiver model KR- V8080.The TV has a single out port and the Receiver has dual in ports (L/R) .Can this be jury rigged to make connection???
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome to justanswer, a pay site for expert technical help. My name is Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. When we are finished, you’ll rate my answer to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer. My goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_______________________

p0llinate :

What you need here is a simple adapter.

p0llinate :

The tv outputs only digital audio (via an optical port) while the sound system accepts only an analog input (stereo rca - red/white)

p0llinate :

Here is an example: Digital Coax & Optical Toslink to Analog Audio Converter (click for link, don't forget to buy an optical cable as well)

p0llinate :

That is all you'll need to get sound from the tv to play through the kenwood.