TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

Help! My Sanyo LCD-32XR9DA television is stuck on screen saver

Customer Question

Help! My Sanyo LCD-32XR9DA television is stuck on screen saver and I have no idea how to get rid of it. And it's on AV if that helps??
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Your TV set has an ENERGY SAVER MODE, and a STORE/Non-Energy saver mode.

What I don't like is the fact that the HOME mode/Energy saver mode doesn't let you turn OFF things like the Screensaver setting.

It's either all on, or all off. And to set it to ALL OFF, you end up having to set it to STORE mode.

The only thing I don't like about that....what if the STORE mode keeps popping up all the FEATURES of the TV set ? You don't want advertisements about your TV popping up.

But the reality is, if you are set for HOME mode, and you keep getting a screensaver popping up right in the middle of a TV show, then the TV is looking for ACTIVITY on it's remote control. In other words you have to press buttons on the TV remote to make it reset the INACTIVITY timer.

That's the easy fix....using the remote.

The other choice is to see if the STORE MODE creates pop up advertisements, or resets color and other settings like brightness and contrast every 20-30 minutes.

We don't want that either.

However, those are the two choices we have available, and you can thank the Planet Green guys for creating a standard that no manufacturer should have to adhere to, to sell TV sets.

But the energy-saver and green leaf logo seems to be stuck on most TV sets nowadays.....

Anyways, to verify this is the issue, simply press any button on your TV remote, and see if the screensaver disappears. If it does, then you know it's the TV's energy saver doing it, and not the energy saver on your Cable box or Satellite box causing the problem.

The screensaver will disappear the moment you activate the correct remote control that resets the unit.

If your TV remote resets it. then you may want to do a FACTORY RESET, then set it to STORE MODE and see if you get a normal TV screen all the time, or if they mess it up with pop up displays telling you the features of your TV set.

If it does, then you need to reset the factory mode to HOME....then maybe set the picture control to DYNAMIC and see if that turns off the screensaver.

Here is how you do a Factory RESET with your TV remote --

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

So, see if setting your TV to Store/Dynamic mode keeps the screensaver and any popup features showing on your TV set.

If it doesn't....the set it back to HOME/Energy Saver and see if you can set the TV's PICTURE MODE to either USER or DYNAMIC and see if that keeps the screensaver from bothering you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that. I will read through and will try to figure it out and will let you know how I go :)
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Ok, let me know how it goes, and report back, ok?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, I tried all of that and no go.......problem is solved though....there was a chord which came out and I didn't realise!!! (no, I'm not blonde!)
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Heh, we don't expect cables to disconnect themselves either. It's unnatural unless you have pets.

So your screensaver was saying "No signal" correct?