Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician
Experience:  25 + Years experience repairing TVs, VCRs Computer etc.

I get picture, but no sound on the VCR component of my DVD/VCR

I get picture, but no sound on the VCR component of my DVD/VCR combo player.
Category: TV
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for choosing us!
Please provide us with the make, full model #, also how old the unit is, and any additional information about your problem so that we may be able to provide you with the best most accurate and up to date information. That will help us with our diagnosis.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and sometimes require a bit of time to sort through.
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Toshiba DVD/VCR combo player. Model #SD-V296-K-TU. Serial number: C21N 7885 4U51 01. Manufactured May 2012. I've noticed a slight buzzing noise in the background while playing the DVD and it's louder when the VCR is playing.

I need to leave due to an emergency, so will you please email me at XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX with further information.

Hi Deirdre.
All the system needs is a good professional cleaning of the heads, that will solve your problem:-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My player is brand new. I just took it out of the box, so I don't understand how a good professional cleaning of the heads is needed.
Hi Deidre,
tape heads can get contaminated by just about anything. Some times the tape will have a film on it that wears off on to the head almost immediately.
But if it is brand new, I would return it for a replacement instead of doing anything to it.
But make sure your tapes are in good condition and havent been left in damp locations like a basement, that ruins them.
I will be here if you need me.
Please note, pressing the ACCEPT Rating button does NOT close your question. It actually keeps me in the loop with you, and allows me to continue dialogue with you and allows me to set up a follow up appointment with you. At no additional cost!
I will still be here for you until the job is complete and you are satisfied!
Thank You
Tech Michael

Master Fix It, Technician
Experience: 25 + Years experience repairing TVs, VCRs Computer etc.