Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Is the Samsung LE40C580 compatible with a Samsung LE40C530

Customer Question

Is the Samsung LE40C580 compatible with a Samsung LE40C530 ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Can you explain what you mean by "compatible"? They are both TV's and there isn't a "compatibility" or "non-compatibility" issue here. Are you asking if they are "comparable" meaning similar specifications?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I meant the AV main board sorry
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the reply.

Just to make sure I understand correctly, you need to replace the Mainboard (AV Board), on one of the TV's and are wondering if they use the same part number board, is that correct?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, I'm wondering if I replace the AV main board of my LE40C530 with a LE40C580 mainboard (BN41-01512A) if the TV will still work. In other terms, is the C580 mainboard compatible with a C530 ?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

No, the Mainboard for the LE40C580, will not work with the LE40C530. The correct part number for the 530 is: BN41-01536A. This board is showing as Out Of Stock at the only source I could locate it:

http://www.lcd-plasma-parts.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=88_64&sort=pd.name&order=DESC&page=54

If you need further assistance, please let me know. If not, please do not forget to rate my answer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know the part numbers are different. My question is not about partnumbers. I would like to know if it will technically work or not and if not, why ?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Perhaps another Expert can assist you.