Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech.

My 37LC7D LG Flat Screen TV is not displaying the video picture.

My 37LC7D LG Flat Screen TV is not displaying the video picture. It shows all the setup screens just fine, and the audio is coming through OK. The tube TV in my bedroom is working just fine. We are using Comcast's XFINITY, and have had no problems up until now. We just came back to the Rockville, MD area from a 3 week vacation, after the big storms struck the area. There were several short power outages. Please help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall for few minutes, replug back in, turn them On and check.
Let me know how it worked.

Do you have DVD player to connect in TV, if picture still doesn't appear?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have a dvd player connected to the tv. I'll let you know how this worked.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, take your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No improvement. The Guide button does not work but the menu button does. There is a "No Signal" message flashing on the screen.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, did you try DVD player in TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet. I'll try it now, and let you know if that works...Yes, the DVD player works.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, it seems TV has problem with cable only.
How the cable box is hooked in TV? choices are Coax wire, HDMI cord, AV wires?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDMI
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, can we test the cable box on another TV HDMI input?
I suspect cable box is not sending out video signal from HDMI Output port to TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yet when I change channels using the remote, I get the channel notification screen over the bottom 1/4 of the screen. That information must be coming from the cable box.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Correct, that means cable box on-screen display is working but its tuner isn't sending out video signal for some reason.
Can you please connect this cable box with HDMI cable into another TV to make sure?
If cable box found bad, call the cable company to get it replaced.
Let me know how the cable box worked on another TV.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have the tv in the bedroom that has its own cable box. I will unplug the box on the flat screen, and plug it into the bedroom tv. How can I let you know how that works out?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Does bedroom TV has HDMI input to hook this cable box?

If yes, please do it, I'm waiting here for your findings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, the other tv is older, and does not have an HDMI input.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, did you unplug power cord of cable box to get it reset?
If yes and that didn't help then plese call cable company to reset it or replace it.
TV seems fine as its getting channel info / notifications from cable box through HDMI input.

Hope these info will help, please let me know if there is further question.
Also, how do you rate the answer / service if choice is 1 -5 ?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I unplugged the power cord of the cable box. I just turned replugged the box onto the flat screen, turned it on, and now have the "No Signal" message flashing on the screen.

I will rate your service as a 5 if it is the cable box that turns out to be bad. If not then it would be a 1.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Based on your earlier reply, "Yet when I change channels using the remote, I get the channel notification screen over the bottom 1/4 of the screen. That information must be coming from the cable box." I can say it is cable box problem and TV is fine.

I hope my answer would get 5 star ratings, please call cable company to get replacement cable box.
Have nice time.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech.