Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

dont have any power on soyo Model MT-SYTPT3227ABMS HDTV. changed

don't have any power on soyo Model MT-SYTPT3227ABMS HDTV. changed power supply unit that takes the external plug that goes to the outlet but nothing still. is there another power supply that could not be working that causes the tv to have no power or is this the only unit responsible for power?

Hi! Thank you for using Just Answer today! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-What is the part number you changed?

-When you plug in or turn on the tv, does it do anything at all? (light blink, click noise, etc.)

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1. The part # XXXXX FSP190-4F03

2. Nothing happens when I use the power button on the tv or the. remote, no lights, no sounds, no life at all.

3. I believe the unit is about 5 or 6 years old.
Do you know how to use a meter?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not really. I tried to use a small 12v tester to see if there was any electicity flowing to the unit because I did feel vibration in my hand when I touched the power supply unit and when I touched it with the tester there was a flash of bright light from the tester and then nothing I checked and found that the fuse in the tester had blown so obviously it was generating some sort of electricity to the unit when plugged in yet no sign of visible life at all.
OK where did you get the new power supply from and is it acting exactly the same as the old power supply?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1. I bought it from

2. I bought 1 and when it didn't work they sent another in case of defect. Still nothing so I assessed that although I believe it is a power issue I don't believe it is with this supply unit that I bought
So all 3 boards have the exact same issue?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
All 3 boards are exacly the same and none of them give power to the television or make any difference at all, still no power no sound, no lights or sign of life except for the evidence of electricity going to the unit as I stated earlier.
OK then you would have a bad main board here, thats the only other thing that can cause it to act the way yours is acting. is one of the best places to buy parts these days, so I would order it from them if I were you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So is the main board the thing that the power button plugs into or is it the board that the tuner is attached to?
Yes thats correct, that is the board you need.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You didn't tell me which one?
Sorry I was confused by your description, click HERE, it will take you to shopjimmy to the page of the board you need.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You say the main board. Is that the board that the power button connects to? Or the one that has the tuner attached to it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it works!
OK sounds good, let me know if you need anything further.