Dan , Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

my hitachi 52" big screen tv just shut off and now when it

my hitachi 52" big screen tv just shut off and now when it is turned on all it has is a green line from the top of the screen to the bottom on the right side. what could be the problem?
Thanks for the question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm sorry to hear about your TV.

I'd really like to see a picture of this. Please upload one to www.imgur.com and give me the link to it. Alternatively, you can email a photo [email protected] but I often don't get those emails until the next day. Thank you!

Best,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
would you like a picture of the screen or the back of the tv?
Both would be great. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
now all it is doing is black screen and the power light flashes three times and pauses then repeats the flashing sequence
Ah ha. Excellent.

I've worked with your TV a number of times on this exact issue, and this is caused by the Y-main aka Y-sustain board.

With this chassis, though, you should replace the upper and lower buffers, as well. If you don't replace all 3, you're throwing your money away.

I've outlined the boards you need to replace:
graphic

Your TV used a couple different versions of these boards, so be sure to get the part number from the boards themselves before you look for replacements. That way, you can be sure you're ordering the right ones. I've listed some suppliers, below.

New parts
encompassparts.com
searspartsdirect.com
partstore.com
pacparts.com

Refurbished parts
moduslinkptstvboards.com
tristatemodule.com

Used parts
shopjimmy.com
eBay.com

This could get expensive, but look up the parts and decide for yourself if it's too expensive.

If you'd like clarification or have more questions for me, click "Reply to expert." If you're finished, please rate me highly so I get credit for helping you. Without your rating, I'm not compensated for my time here. Rating me will not close your question.

Best,

Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience: USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.