Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

the tv will not power on. steady red light and blinking green

the tv will not power on. steady red light and blinking green light.
Thanks for the question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm sorry to hear about your TV.

How old is it? Also, have any parts ever been replaced?

Best,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the tv is 5 years old and the only part ever replaced was the lamp

Ok, let's run a quick test.

Turn the TV off but don't unplug it. Now, put your ear down by the lamp door and listen closely while you turn the TV on.

Do you hear the TV trying to turn on? You might hear a series of faint clicks. The TV should try a few times before giving up.

Yes/no?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes I hear the clicks

Andrena,

Ok, that's what I thought you'd say. I just needed to make sure first.

Your TV just needs a new lamp, which is actually good news. I say "good" because this is totally normal for this type of TV. Most folks get 2-3 years per lamp with normal use. The lamp is a consumable part, much like the light bulbs in your home... and just like a light bulb, the lamp is user-replaceable.

You can order the lamp at this link. I have no affiliation with them, but have referred thousands of customers there with almost zero complaints.

I don't recommend trying to save a bunch of money on this purchase, trust me. You'll find inexpensive lamps all over the Internet but if you're spending much less than the $190 on that site, I can pretty much guarantee you're buying a knockoff or factory reject. It will look the same, but won't last nearly as long, if it ever works to begin with. OK?

Your user's guide has replacement instructions starting on page 56. Click here to download your user's guide.

If you'd like clarification or have more questions for me, click "Reply to expert." If you're finished, please rate me highly so I get credit for helping you. Without your rating, I'm not compensated for my time here. Rating me will not close your question.

Best,