Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.

I have a pioneer pdp 5030 tv the red standby light flashes

I have a pioneer pdp 5030 tv the red standby light flashes four times and then stops and then repeats the sequence, I have no picture. What is the problem?

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

Unfortunately I do not have good news for you. 4 blinks indicates a 'SCN 5V' failure. The first things to check would be the Y Drive and the two Scan boards attached to it.

Those are shown here:

A schematic would be helpful along with a multimeter. If you want to try it, let me know.

If you want to pay to have it repaired, it is not going to be cheap. I would think in the £200- £400 range minimum. I would highly recommend that you find someone who knows about these Kuro sets.

I'll be here if you need more help. I'm really sorry that there is no quick fix.

Please click 'Reply To Expert' unless you consider this dialog complete and you are 100% satisfied with my service (not the website or the situation). If you are ready to rate my service, selecting anything less than the middle option will negatively affect my rating.