Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

My flat screen has sound but no picture, wife just turned it

My flat screen has sound but no picture, wife just turned it bon and it did this! what can I do? It's a 9152-42LA55RS-00352

Thank you for asking your question today. It would help us to know:

Is the screen lit, a slight glo at all?

Can you see the menu if you use the RCA remote?

We're looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No Steven it did not lite up at all and no you don't get menu when you hit that button.....nothing at all, just a black screen.

From what you are explaining there has been a failure in the back light system. The back lights are the lamps that are internal to the LCD panel (screen) with out the back lights nothing can be seen on the screen. This is usually caused by a faulty back light inverter board as seen here. http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-6632l-0580a-backlight-inverter.htm

Unfortunately it can also be caused by a faulty LCD panel too. So sorry there is no reset or easy fix for this to get you up and running, this is a internal circuit board failure and will require a repair. If I can be of further assistance please reply.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you have any Idea how much this repair should cost? And where in my area I could get this done? I am a master auto tech and this TV was a christmas present from my son's a year and a half ago, my youngest son is head of his IT team at ely lilly in Indianapolis. It was a very good present and I thought it should have lasted longer but as I said I am a master tech so I know how electronics go.
That back light inverter board can be found for less then 100.00 dollars on salvage site. Like the one I link you too. A labor charge may average 75 to 150 dollars depending on the service centers in your area.
Thank you so much! and if I can be of any further assistance you can come back to this post anytime and reply. Thank you again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did rate your answer. I rated it excellent. Not sure why you didn't get it? Not sure why I got three charges on my card from this either?
Hum, I only see one and that is what is supposed to be there. Not sure why you have three times the charge. I don't have any access to credit card information, you could contact support. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us