Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.

How to reset Emerson TV?

Using the Emerson TV remote try pressing in sequence the left arrow then the right arrow then power. 

Read full interaction below »

How do I reset my Emerson TV/DVD (LD195EMX) to factory settings? I am trying to solve an issue where the screen cycles through various colors.

Category: TV

Using the Emerson TV remote try pressing in sequence the left arrow then the right arrow then power. Let me know if it works.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I now realize that I do not have the remote for this TV. It was previous being controlled through the cable box remote. Any options that do not involve a remote?

Oh, unfortunately no unless you have a universal remote that has the same functions, the arrows and the power button, the unit is in service mode that is why it is doing that and you need the remote to get it out of service mode.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I found the remote for the Emerson TV [LD195EMX]! I confirmed I tried pressing the left, right, then power in sequence, but did not work. I stumbled across a Technicians manual for this model. Section 7-1, describes the steps to "Initialize" the TV back to factory settings/prompts. Unfortunately, this refers to a "service" remote with a magic "service button" to the right of the power button that I do not have. I do have the "info" button. Here are the Tech steps if this helps: 1) Turn on 2) To enter the service mode, press the service button on the service remote control unit. 3) Press [INFO] button on the service remote control
unit to initialize the LCD television.

I have sent out a email to funai technical support and will get back to you as soon as I hear, it may take a day or two but I will do my best to get you out of this situation with your Tv. Thanks for you're patients.

Here is what I got back from funai.

On the TV remote, press the up arrow and down arrow repeatedly.
If you get the service menu, then hit power and
that will take you out of service mode. If
that does not work, try the left and right arrows the same way.

You also can try the channel up and down buttons as well as
the volume if all else fails. Please let me know if any of these work.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It worked after about four clicks up and down. Thanks.

Thank you so much, if need any further assistance please with anything please look me on JA. Again Thank you!