Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert in the main
18621325

I have Samsung TV Model :LN40A650A1F; on the left side of the

Customer Question

I have Samsung TV Model :LN40A650A1F; on the left side of the screen, lines of color are going up and down the length of the screen. The lines are only there when there is color on screen, when the screen is black you dont notice anything wrong. How do I fix this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I may be a few minutes between each request for info thanks for your patience!

Is it like this using other inputs like a dvd for example?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control can you see the lines over the menu display ?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is showing up on all inputs. You can still see the lines with the menu up. Its like the colors are bleeding upwards.
Hi

And its on top of the menu is it (sets own menu)?the lines

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeah it is, and the colors from the menu are bleeding upwards.
Hi

Its a bad LCD panel usually (screen) however it is known that the tcon board can give problems, this actually drives the panel and until recently was considered to be a part of the panel and not suppied seperately,I have known samsung to send an appointed agent out to replace the tcon even when the set is way out of warrenty (easy enough to do)
You need to contact samsung and complain initially
Its not an option to replace the panel due to the cost if it is that, the tcon cant be checked it has to just be replaced to eliminate it
If samsung dont help and you want to replace the tcon for elimination purposes yourself please let me know

Let me know if you need more info
Please press the "continue conversation" or "reply to expert" button if you dont wish to rate me yet and require more info

Please remember if you select "bad serviceFrown smiley" or "poor serviceUndecided smiley"this will be a negative against my ratings and I wont receive a credit for helping you today instead of doing that please press the "continue conversation" or "reply to expert" and I will endeavour to help more

The thread will still be open even if you do rate the answer now

Many Thanks
Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to go ahead and replace the tcon for elimination purposes. How would I go about doing this?
Hi

OK, I assume you have contacted samsung and complained as I say on some models they do cover this even out of warrenty

Ideally you need to get the part number from the existing board as their are variants of the board that wont work, then enter that number here at this board pulling site, the tcon is listed here but you do need to make sure the number on your board tallies, the tcon is the upper middle board in the set sometimes covered by a shield

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LN40A650A1F

Please dont forget to rate me the thread will be open as long as you need it even if you rate me now

Anthony
Hi Dillon

Are you going the route of ordering this yourself?

Keep me updated please

Anthony