TVGURU
TVGURU, Technician
Experience:  15+ yrs in Consumer Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer, Voice & Data Industry
36856233

The hdmi ports dont work. Everything else works. It keeps saying

The hdmi ports dont work. Everything else works. It keeps saying no signal in every hdmi i plug it into
Category: TV
Expert:  TVGURU replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for using JA. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to assist you.

I am assuming this is a Vizio TV you are trying to connect too? What exactly (make and model number) are you trying to plug into the HDMI ports on the TV? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Vizio 65inch 3d tv
Make: XVT3D650SV
MODEL: LAUAJOAMO600040
Expert:  TVGURU replied 2 years ago.
What are you trying to connect to the TV that is not working with the HDMI ports?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cable. Xbox. Dvd. Ps3. I am running cable through the tv
Expert:  TVGURU replied 2 years ago.
When you plug any of those source devices directly into the HDMI ports on the TV none of them work? Can you tell me what kind of HDMI cables you are using? If you look on the cable it might say version or brand. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It doesnt say. They were working before and now they dont
Expert:  TVGURU replied 2 years ago.
Interesting, so these devices worked at one time with this TV and they stopped working one day? Did anything happen that might be suspicious (moving the TV, lighting storm etc..)

I have to ask, are you pressing the input button on your remote control to select the correct HDMI input then pressing OK to confirm. Sorry of this sounds elementary but I have to start from the beginning.

Also, with HDMI handshaking sometimes it is important to follow these instructions exactly. Unplug all HDMI cables and start from scratch one device at a time.

1. Ensure both the TV and your device are off.
2. Connect the device and the TV.
3. Ensure each end of the cable is securely connected.
4. Turn the TV on by pressing the Power/Standby button on the remote.
5. Turn your device on.
6. When you are ready to use your newly connected device, press the INPUT
button on the remote and select the connection type (HDMI, RGB, etc) from
the on-screen menu. Press OK.
TVGURU, Technician
Experience: 15+ yrs in Consumer Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer, Voice & Data Industry
Expert:  TVGURU replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alan,
Is there anything further I can do to assist? Thank you, Michael.
Expert:  TVGURU replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  TVGURU replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alan, please let me know how you made out. I'm definitely interested in resolving your issue. If your problem has been resolved please drop me a quick note. Thank you.