alr3d
alr3d, Technician
Experience:  tv repair
6460921

I was watching my TV (Sharp Liquid crystal TV Model LC-52SB55U)

I was watching my TV (Sharp Liquid crystal TV Model LC-52SB55U) and there was click similiar to when you would turn your TV on and the screen went black and no sound. The green light by power keeps blinking but no matter what I try the TV does not turn on. Any thoughts on what might be wrong? Is it going to be cheaper to replace rather than repair?

there are several boards in the tv that may cause this issue.is this something you are working on yourself? or do you need a cost on a repair?

Allan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what is the cost on repair?

lets try a simple test real quick. unplug the tv for 30 secs and then

Press VOL+ and channel - at the same time on the front of the tv (not the remote)

-Plug TV in and tell me of the green light flashes or stays on?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The green light stays on and there is volume now but no picture. If I turn the TV off and then back on we get a picture that flashes for a half a second maybe and then a black screen but with volume.

ok take a flash light and shine it on the screen and tell me if you see a picture now. you should.

Allan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Barely, but I can make out a picture.

ok you will need a repair shop and i will get you a link for that in this reply.there are two circuits that can cause this issue. 1. the inverters are bad and a repair cost will range around 275-350. 2. the LCD panel itself is bad. if this is the case then it is time for a new tv the cost would be more than the tv was new.

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two smiley faces on the left, please stop and reply to me with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Allan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
One last question, do you feel that it is most likely the inverters being bad because we can see a perfect picture for a brief half second when we turn the TV on.

i wish i had a good answer for you on that. it is a 50/50 shot. without having it looked at we will not know.i have seen it go both ways on this model.

Allan

please do not forget to rate my answer.