TVGURU
TVGURU, Technician
Experience:  15+ yrs in Consumer Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer, Voice & Data Industry
36856233

We have a 40" proscan 1080p 2 1/2 years old, it does not recieve

We have a 40" proscan 1080p 2 1/2 years old, it does not recieve the remote control anymore, how can we change the input function on side manually to other inputs so we can play our dvd or wii? we have pushed the button and cycled thru the inputs but there is no way to keep it on any function, it always goes back to just tv.
Hi there and thank you for using JA. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to assist you.

Can you provide me the exact model number of your particular unit? Thank you, Mike.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What I gave already is all it says, 40DL45QC.
Great, thank you for verifying the model number. Try this please, cycle to the correct input using the input button on the side of the TV, then confirm the selection with the second button down from the top . I've added a picture to assist.

graphic
If there is anything further I can do to assist please let me know. If not, kindly click the green accept button below. Also, please consider leaving positive feedback and bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you again for using JA and have a great day. Michael, CT USA
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That did not work, that second button down is the menu button. I changed the input numerous times to different inputs and pressed the button you said and it just brings up the menu screen.
Thank you. Sorry that did not work...the menu button doubles as a menu selection button so I thought that might confirm your input selection. Can you tell me which inputs your Wii or DVD player is plugged into on the back of the TV? What type of cable connections are you using? Have you tried switching inputs to the corresponding inputs while the Wii or DVD player were powered on? Some units will not stay on an input if there is no video source available. Please let me know, thank you. Mike
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You got me going in the right direction, on this tv you need to push the input button then use the channel select up and down buttons to select your input, when you have your correct input selected push the volume + button, that will get you on the needed input. Thanks getting me going at least to just play with the buttons.
I am glad to hear it's all set. If you think I added value to the troubleshooting process kindly click the green accept button. Also, we never discussed the actual remote not working. Is that something you would like to follow up on? Thank you,

Michael CT, USA