Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My Samsung TV has no sound. What can I do?

My Samsung TV has no sound. What can I do? I tried turning off and back on and checked the connections in the back.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?
Also, what is connected to the TV (DVD, Cable Box, etc.), and do you have no sound regardless of Input?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The TV is only about 3 months old. It is connected to a DirectTV satellite box. The sound went out this morning.

Please shut the TV and Direct TV box down. Unplug the Direct TV box from AC power for minutes. During this time, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends, making sure it is secure. Then plug the Direct TV box back in, turn on and let it reboot. Once it's rebooted, then turn on the TV and attempt to watch a program.

The sound should be back on at this point.

If you need further assistance, let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I followed your instructions. Still no sound

Please disconnect the set from AC power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds. After another minute, plug the set back in and press power once. Do you still have the same problem?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Seems to be working now. Thanks!

Excellent glad to hear it! What we did was reset the TV's EPROM which usually fixes this issue.