Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.

The remote will not work on my LG 32" flat screen. I have replaced

The remote will not work on my LG 32" flat screen. I have replaced the batteries and still nothing. Someone suggested you might have an update that I could connect and download into the TV????????????

The model # XXXXX XXXXX

CAn you please advise if this is a major problem or something that can be easily be remidied.

Thank you
Allan
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question today. It would help us to know:
How long ago did you purchase your TV?
Alan, the first thing we will need to know is if the remote control is the problem or the remote receiver on the Tv is the problem.

Is this the original remote that came with the Tv you are trying to use?

We're looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.

I see you have gone offline before we had a chance to communicate so I will go ahead and give a simple way to test the remote hand unit, this is a way you can tell if the remote is working or if the receiver in the Tv is at fault. Using a digital camera or a camera on a cell phone. turn the camera on and then point the remote control at the camera lense about 12 inches from the camera, press the power on the remote as you watch the screen on the camera, you should see a white dot appear on the camera screen, it may be flashing. if you see the white light (dot) then the remote control is good and the problem is with the TV. If the white dot does not appear then remote is faulty and you will need to purchase a new remote. I am assuming you are using the original Tv remote and not a universal or generic programable one. if you need to purchase a new original remote they can be found here.

http://www.remotes.com/ If you have any questions or need further assistance with testing your remote or you are not using the original Tv remote please reply and we can continue until we find a solution for your problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Steven, My old computer is acting up, that's why I disappeared. I have performed the test and do see a white dot, what's next
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
Ok then, thank you for that information, is this the original remote for the Tv you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
Ok, that fact that you see the light on the camera screen is good indication that the remote is working properly. The problem is with the IR receiver on the Tv, There is a small circuit board the the IR receiver is mounted on that will have to be replaced. It is not a difficult repair to make but the unit does have to be taking apart for the circuit board to be replaced. One other thing, Make sure that there is nothing in front of the Tv that is preventing the sensor from seeing the signal from the remote control. Is the unit less then 1 year old?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing infront of the TV, the unit is 3 years old
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
Ok then, unfortunately there is not an easy reset or fix that I can give you, buy our chat it seems the remote control receiver has failed. this is the receiver that picks up the signal from the remote hand unit when you press a button. Usually these circuit boards are not more 50 dollars or so but the labor to install will depend on where you have it repaired. I can't see it costing more then 150.00 total dollars to have repaired if you bring it to a shop, an in home repair will be more with travel fees. Any local shop should be able to handle this for you. I am sorry there is not somthing easy that I can tell you to make it work, it's electronics and sometimes they fail unfortunatlely.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help, have a nice weekend!
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
Ok, you too, remember you can always come back to this post with follow up questions or anything pertaining to this question with out being charged again. I will be here to help answer your questions if you need me. again sorry for the issue with your Tv.
Steven, Technician
Experience: Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.