Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Westinghouse LD 4655VX wont power on

Customer Question

Westinghouse LD 4655VX won't power on
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.

Hi! Thank you for using Just Answer today! My name is Tim, I am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-When you plug it in or turn it on, does it do anything at all? (light blink, click noise, etc.)
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nothing happens at all. no click no lights.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Any storms or power issues lately?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the power blinked momentarily. everything else came back on. the tv was pluged into a protected power strip. all other items are working fine. tried switching plugs. still no power. tv did this once before. it was in hibernation mode. can't find the resolution online. it has to do with pressing the correct seqence of buttons to wake it.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
Ok, I do not think that is your problem this time. Do you know how to use a meter?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes. by the way i'm retired Navy. MMC
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
OK we need to open the tv and check the AC fuse to start. Are you able to get the back off the tv?

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will take a while.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
No problem, I am here all day, take your time.

Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Okay. took the back off, but theres no fuse. only circut boards and resisters and diodes.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 5 years ago.
There is a fuse right next to where the power cord goes to the power supply.

Can you get me a picture of the tv with the back off? (if you can post a picture, please click the icon above, where you are typing, of the paper clip. This will allow you to upload a picture)

Tim