Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

no picture. tv says no channels in master list. I am hooked

no picture. tv says no channels in master list. I am hooked up to Comcast Cable
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 4 years ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for using JustAnswer

OK just as a quick try please reboot the cable box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging back in........if no success I will need >>

The model number of the TV found on the back of the set please?

Is that EAS on the box in the boxes window?or on the set itself as a graphic

Please check that the leads in the TV and the box itself are all home and good

Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK, so the cable box is back to normal with the channel number displayed. Problem now is the TV -- I pushed a lot of buttons and tried to reset...my bad. anyway, the tv screen is reading No Channels in Master List. Vizio Model is E422VA
Hi

Is the cable box lead going into the antenna socket or is it going into an input like hdmi?

Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the connection has 3 leads - one red, one white and one yellow -- not going into antenna socket.
Hi

Yes thats component input
At this point you need to make sure that you have the right input on screen, so try this using the remote for the cable switch the cable to standby then back on again>>>still nothing?>>>now switch the cable back to standby and now switch off the TV, switch TV on again switch cable on shortly after>>>

Let me know on this

Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do I switch the cable to "standby?"

Hi

Their will be an on/off button on the cable remote maybe marked standby, the cable box will go to a red standby light

Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok - I have a power button and an all on button. neither one cause the cable box to go to a red standby light. It is a DVR if that makes a difference. I have the Vizio menu up on the television screen to select input source. the choices are:

TV TVz

AV

Comp

HDMI-1

HDMI-2

HDMI-3

HDMI-4

RGB

I currently have the TV TVa selected

Hi

Yes you need to select COMP which is component
Now because the box threw up an error EAS I think you have a software problem with the box, just try a dvd or another input if thats OK then the box is bad

Let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it isnt the box. I called comcast and they checked it. They are sending a technician out tomorrow -- sorry we could not solve this remotely. I know you tried so I will accept the answer...if you have an epiphany - let me know!

thanks

Hi

If theirs nothing wrong with the box why are they sending someone out?

Does the set work OK on another input like a dvd?

Thanks

Anthony
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is something in the settings on the tv that I screwed up when I started pushing buttons. I don't have a dvd so I can't check it. It was working fine5 hours ago.
Hi

Having looked at your reply again for the leads thats composite so try COMP/ AV/TV for the input selection, you see you cant really do any damage by pressing buttons the only thing you could have done is mixed the inputs up, the box did have an initial trouble thats when you started pressing everything, it displayed an error code, you cleared this on the reboot so if the box is still working then it will be sending the signals via composite input (COMP/AV/TV)if it isnt then the box is bad, if you had another input like a vcr or dvd/bluray then this would prove that the set is OK, I cant troubleshoot with the box itself I can only say if its good or bad, cable companies keep box troubleshooting strictly with their own staff for obvious reasons

Anthony