Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

My toshiba plasma tv is just flashing a red light on the power

My toshiba plasma tv is just flashing a red light on the power button. I can't turn it off or on.

Hi! Thank you for using Just Answer today! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
-Does the light flash a code? (example 5 blinks pause 5 blinks pause repeat)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The model # XXXXX XXXXX It is about 6 years old. It has never did this before and showed no signs that something was wrong.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No there is nothing on the screen. Just the red power supply flashing.
I am asking about the flashing power button, I want you to look at it and see if its flashing a code. It will flash something like 6 blinks then pause then flash 6 blinks pause etc.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No code that I can tell. I counted to a hundred and it never paused. I could still be counting but would be a waste of time.
Yes if you get more than 20 blinks then its not giving an error code to us.

There are a couple of different things that could cause it to blink like this with no error, the first is the power supply, and the second the main board.

Also either sustain or scan driver board can cause this problem.

To know exactly what board is the cause, you need to have electronic repair experience, and test equipment. If you have this let me know and I will assist you in the troubleshooting of this tv. Otherwise you will need a repairman at this point. You can expect a bill of anywhere between $200-$300 on average.

I am sorry I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, please let me know if you have the skills and tools and I will be happy to assist you. Also please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I already knew it was a major problem but where do you find a person that works on plasna tv's in Curtiss Wisconsin ?