Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

Samsung flat-screen DV3 HD SRS has dotted vertical lines appearing

Samsung flat-screen DV3 HD SRS has dotted vertical lines appearing on the screen,it started about four weeks ago and they keep on increasing.How do I stop them and how do I remove them from the screen?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Hi! Thank you for using Just Answer today! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi,the model is LE32A457CID,and the lines are showing with all other devices.

I am sorry I do not know how old it is
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.
If you push the MENU button on the tv, does the menu show in front or behind the lines?

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It shows behind the lines.

Michael
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.
Sounds like you are describing a bad LCD panel here, which would be very bad news. To be sure though, are you able to post me a picture of the problem?
(if you can post a picture, please click the icon above, where you are typing, of the paper clip. This will allow you to upload a picture)

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
kIndly give me an email address I can send the pics to from my mobile phone.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.
Sure no problem, they will not let us give our emails out...but if you email it [email protected] with the subject FOR TIM NOLAN EXPERT TV, they will forward it to me.

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have sent you a few photos,ho[pe they will help you.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.
Ok I do have the pictures, sorry to say but you are looking at a bad LCD panel here. The problem is the part alone is about the cost of a new tv. I wish I had better news for you but this will not be repairable due to cost.

Sorry for the bad news, I am sure you were hoping for an easier fix.

Tim