alr3d
alr3d, Technician
Experience:  tv repair
6460921

Please help me my Vizio color is all wrong. Too much green

Customer Question

Please help me my Vizio color is all wrong. Too much green and blue, tried to adjust but that only made it worse, can't get any reds on lips or green on lawns, people look orange tinted. Thanks Deb
Category: TV
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

does it do this on all inputs? like DVD?

Allan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Allen your first response did not include the respons box I am cuurrently using so yes close one of the questions. this is my problem yesturday I had to refresh my cabble box and when my TV came back up the colors were all off, too much green, orange, blue and no reds. I tried to adjust the colors manually but that was worse. Then I reset the tv back to original factory settings and when that was done everything was a green tint. I just want it back to normal. The TV is only 3 months old. Please tell me what to do. Plus what does this cost ?
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

ok i closed out the other question. this is a easy fix. there are 5 wires that go from your cable box to your tv.one of them and i would guess the red one is not plugged in all the way either on the back of the box or the back of the tv. please check each one and push each one in and this should fix your issue.

Allan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did what you suggested, and the red plug was out but now i have a fuzzy picture and still too much yellow and blue yikes!
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.
pull up the tv`s menus using the tv`s remote and tell me if the menus are normal looking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes but I got the fuzzy picture fixed I accidently put the plug in the wrong place but I still have a yellow green tint. and I think the menu looks normal. But I wouldn't know what is abnormal
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

i do not think it is a tv issue at all. check each wire from the tv to the box. each wire must be in the right place. i think you have one backwards. what i mean is you have three wires for video red blue and green. if you get two backwards then you will get a odd picture. unhook all three and re hook up red to red blue to blue and green to green.

Allan

alr3d, Technician
Experience: tv repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did that while I was waiting and I got it to work!!! Thanks so what do I owe you?

Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

just click the accept button and we are good.

Allan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  alr3d replied 2 years ago.

you are so welcome.

Allan