Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I cannot program my AT&T U-verse remote control (silver) to

I cannot program my AT&T U-verse remote control (silver) to control my Apex Digital LE2612D TV. I have tried both the search and manual methods. For the latter I tried codes 1038, 1268 and 1332. In each case the TV button on the remote flashed three times indicating that the TV had received the code but I was not able to tuen the TV off with the remote. I had no problem using the remote with an older (non-digital) Apex TV.
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.
Hi!

Have you tried 1434? If no please give that a try, let me know if it doesnt work.

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Didn't work and produced one long flash on the TV button on the remote which indicates the code was not accepted
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.
Odd, does the apex remote that came with the tv control the tv?

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.
The only other codes for apex I see are:

1111
1119
1163
1256

Do any of those work?

Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No - although in each case the TV button on the remote flashed three times signifying acceptance of the code.

I have now tried with a black AT&T universal remote as well (both search and manual) but no luck although this remote works just fine with another TV I just bought.

I'm therefore wondering if there is some setting in the TV that needs to be changed as the problem seems to be TV-related rather than remote-related.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.
No setting in the tv that would control anything like this. The way these things work is the tv is set up to receive a certain type of signal. Your original remote is automatically programmed to put out that signal.

What you are doing when you put the codes into the remote is you are telling the remote what signal to send to the tv.

I believe the problem you have here is that your tv and the uverse remotes are not compatible. I have researched and found that others with your model are having the same problem. The issue is, if the uverse remote does not have a code in it that your tv needs, you will never be able to get the two to work together. I am sorry, I wish I had better news for you, I know you were hoping for an easier fix.

I have this issue with the tv in my girls room, we have to use two remotes, the one that came with the tv for volume and on/off and the uverse to change channels.

Tim