Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

samsung 460 records tv shows and now gives a playback error

samsung 460 records tv shows and now gives a playback error saying show is currently unavailable and leaves with a blank screen

Hi! Thank you for using Just Answer today! My name isXXXXX am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I went through the saved programs and series manager and got a message saying something about space - manually erase. I went through and deleted some saved programs. I have a program scheduled to record at 9pm so I'll see what happens. I cannot see the serial number, but have never had any problems. I've had the unit over 2 years.
Ok let me know if you need anything.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is the accept button? Want to give you credit,
No problem, let me know what happens. If your hard drive was full it could cause this problem, you have to make sure periodically to clear old shows to save space for future shows. Take your time and let me know what happens later.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Was able to have one recording play back, but saved programs are recording; but getting same error message.
What is the full model number for this tv?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

LN32B460B2D (XZA) MODEL number

What are you using as a DVR?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300 HDC -dvr

Sony BluRay

OK lets reset the Explorer 8300.

Try this first...

Turn the tv on so you have a picture.
While it is on unplug it from the wall
Let it sit 5 mins
Plug it back in.

Not saying this will for sure fix your problem, so don't want to get hopes too high. We have however seen this EEPROM reset clear some odd problems in your model, so its the first thing to try. Let me know if anything changes.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. We are having a thunderstorm at the moment, but I'll let you know soon. It can't hurt to do the old reboot thing. I hope it works, Thanks again.
OK let me know when you get a chance.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried to play what had been recorded today and got the same error. I set another program to record so I'll see if that works. Thanks.
Ok I think you are going to end up needing to have that box replaced.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The dvr?
Yes, that is where your problem lies
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Great. Thank you.
No problem, let me know if you need anything in the future.