PramitP, Technician
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University

Sony Bravia NO picture or sound has power as indicated by green

Sony Bravia NO picture or sound has power as indicated by green power light. I had turned the TV off, after approximately two hours turned the tv back on have no picture or sound.
Category: TV
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.

How old is the set?

Does the green light stay steady or does it blink?

Do you hear any clicking noise?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Set is 4 years old. The green light is steady. Yes I heard a click noise
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
Does the backlight glow?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What is the backlight
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
When you turn the set on, look closely, does the screen glow slightly?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No the screen does not glow
Expert:  PramitP replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the info. Now there can be three things which could cause this problem. Firstly the inverter is not working. Secondly the power supply is not working properly as it is the one who provides the 24V to the inverter. Thirdly, the main board. Now the main board is the one from whom the power board gets the command of sending. If the main board is not being able to send the command the there is no point in replacing the power board or inverter board. Important things that should be checked first are pico fuses on the inverter board and DC voltages coming out of the Power Supply board. Most of the times such cases are solved after replacement of main board.

If you want to repair it yourself then you should be having proper knowledge about the internal circuitry of the TV.
You should also require a multimeter and soldering equipments and schematics.
I always recommend my clients to contact seller and confirm model no. before making a purchase. Take photographs or mental picture of connections with board before replacing so that it won't be confusing later.

If you want to fix it yourself you must possess basic testing skills, like using multimeter, soldering, own a schematic of this model etc and you will have my assistance throughout. If you opt for a repair at any shop it will cost you around $250-$350. I hope it should be done in less than that. You can use and search for "TV Repair"(without quotes) in your area. Or use Hope it helps.

I'm sorry there is no easy fix or press-a-button fix. This is an internal failure.