Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I HAVE A SAMSUNG DLP, IT HAS AN INTERMITANT PROBLEM, WHEN ITS

I HAVE A SAMSUNG DLP, IT HAS AN INTERMITANT PROBLEM, WHEN ITS TURNED ON SOMETIMES THE VIDEO DOES NOT COME ON BUT THE AUDIO IS ALWAYS THERE AND ALSO SOMETIMES THE TV SHUTS OFF BY ITSELF?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

Can you please get me the model number off the back of the TV?

Also, are there any blinking lights on the front of the set?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok i will go look brb
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Ok.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok ARIC THE MODEL IS HLN5065W
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. I also need to know if any of the lights on the front of the set blink when the picture cuts out?

Additionally has ANY work at all ever been done on the TV?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK THE MIDDLE GREEN LIGHT BLINKS THEN GOES ON STEDY THEN I HERE A RELAY OR SWITCH AND ALL 3 LIGHT START BLINKING THEN THEY GO OUT AND THE MIDDLE ONE STARTS BLINKING AGAIN AND IT JUST KEEPS DOING THAT, I DO NOT KNOW IF ANY WORK HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE I JUST BOUGHT THIS USED
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

The symptoms you're having point to a failed lamp in the TV. It will cause the exact problems you're having. The lamps typically last between 2-5 years tops and you should replace the lamp in your TV. The link below is where you can purchase the lamp for your set:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HL-N5065W-HLN5065W-Housing-BP96-00224J/dp/B0025W3P1C

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK CAN YOU ANSWER ONE MORE QUESTION? WHEN TRYING TO PROGRAM THE DIRECT TV CONTROL BOX IT ASKS FOR THE CODE FOR THIS MODEL OF SAMSUNG THERE ARE ABOUT 50 CODES STARTING AT 5004 UP TO 5416 WOULD YOU KNOW THE PROPER CODE FOR THIS MODEL?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
I do not know the proper code for this TV, you simply need to check all of the available codes, or run a code search if the Direct TV remote has this feature. Direct TV should be able to help you further on this seperate issue.