TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

how can i program my comcast remote to control the curtis

Customer Question

how can i program my comcast remote to control the curtis LCDVD244A
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 4 years ago.

The following link is the codes and instructions to program your remote. I found that model to be listed under Curtis Mathes. There is also a PDF file that you down load and print if the unit is located away from a computer so you can follow step by step instructions. You may have to try several of the codes listed to find the one that works.

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/HelpNFC.aspx?print=false&id=remotes&CMP=KNC-IQ_ID_40061473-VQ2-s-VQ3--VQ6-19684927304&iq_id=40061473#results/remote=Silver_with_Red_OK_Button_Remote&device=T&brand=Curtis+Mathes&model=LCDVD244A

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
none of the codes worked
Expert:  Steven replied 4 years ago.
There are 15 codes there for that unit, if you are programming it correctly and none of those codes work then unfortunatly there is not much else too try. It is possible that the unit was manufactured by another company for Curtis Mathes and the codes from that manufacturer might work. I will opt out and see if another expert can shed some light on this for you.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

The case looks like a Vizio TV set, but there is a Samsung tuner inside....

Try the Vizio codes first. Then see if the Samsung codes work for you. I'm not betting the ranch on that, but the Curtis being built in China.....all you can do is try the ones that fit the closest.