Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.

samsung tv, blinking red light, wont turn on

samsung tv, blinking red light, won't turn on

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am at work and i don't have this information

Is this a LCD set?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok take your time.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i'm pretty sure it was purchased in spring 2008 but i'm still checking in to see if i can find a record of whether this is lcd or not. i remember it as hd but i'm not sure about the lcd question. i should have an answer shortly, i hope.
No worries, take your time. I can be much more useful if you get the right info anyway, don't want to give you a bad answer so take your time.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes it is an LCD and it was purchased in spring 2008

Ok any problems with it before this? (taking longer to come on, picture issues, etc.)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
nope, no problems before this

This is a very common problem with your tv, what has most likely happened (about 90% of the time) is the power supply has failed, more specifically there are a few caps in the power supply that have most likely failed. The unit will require component replacement to get it working again. Do you have any electronic repair experience, test equipment, and soldering equipment? If so I can assist you with this repair. If you do not have the above equipment and skills a repairman will be required for this repair, you can expect the bill to be around $200.

Also to let you know, I have had a ton of customers in the last few weeks call samsung to complain of this issue and end up getting their sets repaired for free, so I would call samsung first if I were you and see if they will repair yours as well.

I am sorry that I don't have a magic button or a quick fix for you on this one, but component replacement will be required.

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Nolan, I had found similar feedback from a friend and also by doing some searching on the internet. I appreciate you as a technical expert validating this information.