Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

No sound on my unmuted Vizio HDTV; TV speakers are on too

I have no sound on my Vizio HD TV. It has not been muted, and the settings indicate the TV speakers are on. It is not set up to a home theater.

Optional Information:
Make: Vizio
Model: 48" HD (1081i?)

Already Tried:
Mute setting and speaker settings

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?

Also, what is connected to the TV for devices (Cable Box, DVD, Game system, etc.), and do you get NO sound on the TV regardless of which INPUT you select?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Had set less than 2 years. Only cable dvr and a dvd player is hooked to tv. DVD gives sound thru tv

Please shut the TV and DVR/cable box down. Unplug the Cable box from AC power for minutes. During this time, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends, making sure it is secure. Then plug the cable box back in, turn on and let it reboot. Once it's rebooted, then turn on the TV and attempt to watch a program.

The sound should be back on at this point.