Daniel, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  BSEE (Electrical Engineer), 10+ years electronic design experience ,chip, board, component expert

I have a sony dvd player how do I connect it to a vizio tv?

Customer Question

I have a sony dvd player how do I connect it to a vizio tv? How do I format it to play video
Category: TV
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Hi there happy to help.

Can you give me the model # XXXXX the TV? Then I can tell you the best way to connect the 2.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hang on

Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

OK, here's how to connect.......

On the side of the TV is an input with 5 RCA jacks called COMPONENT. The three red/blue/green connect to the component out on the back of the DVD player. The the bottom 2 red/white RCA connections connect to the DVD player audio out jacks of the same color.

You can buy a cable that has all five connectors, any Best Buy, walmart, etc....will have these........

That's it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
For starters, you had the basics that it is it. You do not know how to trouble shoot the problem. I already knew those basic steps. I explained I had no coax connection on my dvd player that should sparked something within, well perhaps I need an rf modulator. I understand there millions of people that do not understand the basics and that is who you make your money off. Other of us life forms tend to use our minds, and try to figure out a solution, you did not cut it. I asked for a refund back, and you company has double billed me on top that so this is a total 56.00 I would like back into my account. no I will never use this sight again.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Hi, The component video connection is going to give you a better picture than if you used an RF modulator. Which is why I suggested the above.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
please refund the money, that was taken out twice.. thank you Debra nordyke