Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

MY TOSHIBA TV WILL NOT TURN ON WITH THE REMOTE OR THE POWER

MY TOSHIBA TV WILL NOT TURN ON WITH THE REMOTE OR THE POWER BUTTON. MOD 32 A 32 OR 32 A 42 OR 36 A 42
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.
Can you please get me the actual model number off of the back of the TV?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
mod 32a32
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Did this problem occur after a storm or power outage?

Does the TV show any signs of life at all (power light lit, blinking, click sounds coming from the set, etc.)?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There was no power outage to my knowlege

when plugged in the power light blinks. the blinking seems unaffected by turning on or off.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

The blinking light indicates an internal failure of the TV.

There are several problems in your set that could cause this. It could be a faulty CRT , which would cost you more than a new TV to replace. other common issues are cold/failed solder joints and failing IC regulators, or capacitors. All of these problems are common with your set, and would require circuit testing and replacement in order for the TV to function normally again. Average cost for this type of repair will between $150-$300 depending on which circuit has the failure on the set. Given that a new LCD TV would cost you only around $300 for the same sized screen, it is not cost effective to repair this set. Unfortunately, there are no resets or series of buttons you can press that will solve this problem and the set will require component replacement to operate normally again.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there a way to print this page to justify a new set?
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.
You can copy and paste my reply to a Notepad, or Wordpad Document or simply press "Ctrl P" on your computer to print it.