Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech

My vizio tv remote doesnt work

Customer Question

My vizio tv remote doesn't work
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.

Please intimate Vizio TV model number, it would be written on back of unit.
Also, do you have any digital / mobile phone camera? it will help to test remote control.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yea I have a mobile camera phone imma try and look at the back of the tv but it's mounted on the wall
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
OK, check side of TV for model number sticker, maybe they pasted one there as well.

Press buttons on TV remote control while looking front of remote through digital camera, you will see blinking light (camera can see infrared light) that means remote control is working and sending out infrared signals.

Let me know your findings to proceed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I found the manual it's a xvt553sv LCD led HDTV But I don't see any lasers with the camera I tried my phone and the digital full hd camera I have and i still didn't see it
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
OK, if you do not see blinking light on remote control front through digital camera that means remote control unit is not working / got bad and need another remote that is available in for $50.

Hope this will help.